Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Poor Brady Quinn...

Two games into the season for Derek Anderson and I am reminded of Eric Zeier, Paul McDonald, and Tim Couch. On second thought, I will take Paul McDonald out of the previous statement.

I understand the Browns philosophy -- stick with your starter, give him support, and let him work out the kinks. I think Eric Wegde always says "We need to grind through it."

Watching the game on Sunday against the Steelers -- I mean, Stillers ("Yinz going donton to Donzi's and nat?"), was about as fun as having my 4-year old hit me in the family jewels. To watch DA's and his no-expression look when on camera, was excruitiating. No smile, no fun, nothing. On the other hand, to watch Big Ben and his smile or laugh after a bad throw or a bum play, said that he was in the game and wanted to win.

You can be serious about a game and as an athlete you probably should. But shouldn't it be fun too? Your teammates feed off you DA -- laugh, smile, have some fun.

0-2 is not a huge hole to get out of, with the Ravens and Bengals up next. If they drop to 1-3 or 0-4, it's time to pull the plug on the Derek Anderson experiment. There is too much talent to be wasted with Brady Quinn on the sidelines --- he is quicker, stronger, and smarter.

If it were me, Coach Crennel and GM Savage, Brady is your man. Don't waste any more time.

One more thing, Braylon, please wipe the butter off your gloves before running onto the field. I heard it helps.

No comments: